Nutritional information per serving:
396 calories, 13 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 37 g protein
32 g carbohydrate
• 2 tablespoons very finely chopped green onion
• 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon olive oil
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 10 ounces total)
• 2 ounces dried rice noodles
• 1/2 cup chopped carrot
• 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped peanuts
• 1 to 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
1. For rub, in a small bowl, combine green onion, ginger, garlic, the 1 teaspoon oil, and the salt. Sprinkle evenly over chicken; rub in with your fingers.
2. Place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink (170 degree F), turning once. Thinly slice chicken diagonally; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook rice noodles and carrot in a large amount of boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or just until noodles are tender; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Use kitchen scissors to snip noodles into short lengths. In a medium bowl, stir together lime peel, lime juice, and the 2 teaspoons oil. Add noodle mixture and cilantro; toss gently to coat.
4. Divide noodle mixture between two individual bowls; arrange chicken slices on noodle mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Make-Ahead Directions: Rub chicken as directed in Step 1. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Prepare as directed in Steps 2 through 5.