The annual bi-state Red, White and Boom event in downtown Davenport and Rock Island returns on July 3, 2021. Activities start at 5 p.m. in Rock Island, 6 p.m. in Davenport and at 9:30 p.m., fireworks will be shot, in sync to music broadcast on 97X, from two barges in the middle of the Mississippi River.
Spectators can watch from free viewing areas along the Davenport riverfront including LeClaire Park, Freight House Farmers Market parking lot, the new Quinlan Court and Bechtel Park, or from Schwiebert Riverfront Park in downtown Rock Island. Bring your own lawn chair.
Red, White and Boom is presented by the Regional Development Authority (RDA) and CBI Bank & Trust in partnership with the City of Davenport and the City of Rock Island, supported by the Downtown Davenport Partnership – an affiliate of the Quad Cities Chamber, KWQC, 97X, Quad-City Times & Dispatch/Argus, St. Ambrose University, the Riverfront Improvement Commission and Upper Mississippi Fleeting.
There will be plenty of activities on both sides of the river for families to enjoy ahead of the firework display. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
- LeClaire Park: The band, Identity Crisis, will take the LeClaire Park bandshell stage for a free performance from 6-9:30 p.m. Davenport Parks and Recreation kids zone activities include obstacle course, bounce houses, Giant Connect 4, Giant Jenga, Giant Checkers, Giant Tic Tac Toe, Bags, potato sack races, patriotic glow in the dark tattoos and glow stick necklaces; and coloring for the Troops.
- Quinlan Court: Classic Car Cruise-in with the Quad Cities Cruisers in the new Quinlan Court, located at River Drive and the foot of Brady Street.
- Moonlight Market: Shop several of your favorite Freight House Farmer’s Market vendors who will line Beiderbecke Drive and Quinlan Court for a bonus evening market.
- Modern Woodmen Park: Buy tickets to the River Bandits vs. Cedar Rapids Kernels game starting at 6 p.m. Immediately after the game, The Class of ‘82 will perform your favorite 1980s synth/pop hits in the stadium.
- Schwiebert Riverfront Park: DJ Jeff James will provide live music from 5-7 p.m. Past Curfew, an ‘80s tribute band, begins at 7 p.m. Kids’ activities will include face-painting and balloon animals, as well as glow merchandise for sale. Bent River Brewing Co. will provide a beer garden and a wide variety of food vendors will be on hand.
Parking will be free in city parking ramps in downtown Davenport from 5-11 p.m. There will be no parking allowed south of the riverfront railroad tracks. Be aware of street closures along the riverfront area. In Rock Island, parking on the street and in the city ramp is free except for the reserved spaces in the parking ramp.