36 Calories 1 g total fat (1 g sat. fat)
0mg cholesterol 7 mg sodium
6 g carbohydrate 0 g de fibra
1 g protein
• 1/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder or 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
• 3 egg whites
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
• 1 teaspoon shortening
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside. In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and espresso powder; set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Gradually add the granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Gradually fold in the cocoa mixture.
3. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe twenty-four 2-inch stars onto the prepared cookie sheet. (Or drop mixture by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared cookie sheet.) Bake in a 250 degree oven for 1 hour. Cool on cookie sheet on wire rack. Remove from parchment paper.
4. In a small saucepan combine chocolate pieces and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Drizzle the melted chocolate over cookies. Makes 24 cookies.
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 1 hour