• 8 fresh ears of corn
• 12 ounces fresh haricots verts or green beans, cut into bite-size pieces
• 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
• 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1. Remove husks and silks from corn. In a covered 4-quart Dutch oven, cook corn in enough boiling lightly salted water to cover for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender; drain. When corn is cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs (you should have about 4 cups corn kernels).
2. Meanwhile, in a covered medium saucepan, cook beans in a small amount of boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse under cold water. Drain again.
3. In a large bowl, combine cider vinegar, salt, and pepper; whisk in oil. Add corn, beans, onion, and parsley; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
Makes 8 (3/4-cup) servings.
Prep: 25 minutes
Chill: 2 hours