To build momentum for the People’s Climate Movement, Bold Iowa and its partners are organizing an eight-day, 80-mile Climate Justice Unity March. Marchers will set out from Indigenous Iowa’s Little Creek Camp near Millersburg on April 22 and arrive at the Iowa State Capitol in Des Moines at 1:00 p.m. on April 29 for a huge rally.
The People’s Climate Movement is gaining momentum for a landmark day of action on April 29, marking the 100th day of the Trump Presidency. The major event is in Washington, DC – a march for climate, justice and jobs. Hundreds of sister marches, rallies and events are planned in cities across the U.S. and around the globe.
In Iowa, the People’s Climate Movement will rally at the Iowa State Capitol from 1:00-3:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 29. A broad coalition of groups is working to make this rally a statewide event involving thousands of Iowans concerned about a broad range of issues.
Here’s the route, overnight stops and approximate mileage:
- Sat, April 22: Little Creek Camp to Deep River (12 miles)
- Sun, April 23: Deep River to Montezuma (8 miles)
- Mon, April 24: Montezuma to Searsboro (10 miles)
- Tue, April 25: Searsboro to Sully (8 miles)
- Wed, April 26: Sully to Reasnor (10 miles)
- Thu, April 27: Reasnor to Prairie City (12 miles)
- Fri, April 28: Prairie City to Pleasant Hill (12 miles)
- Sat, April 29: Pleasant Hill to Iowa State Capitol (8 miles)
- Sat, April 29: Rally at State Capitol, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Bold Iowa: boldiowa.org
Indigenous Iowa: indigenousiowa.org
Sage Sisters of Solidarity: sagesistersofsolidarity.wordpress.com
League of United American Citizens (LULAC) Iowa: lulaciowa.org
Hola Iowa: HolaIowa.com
Creative Visions: creativevisionsia.org
Iowa Farmers Union: iowafarmersunion.org
La Reina KDLF 1260 AM: lareina1260.com
Iowa Physicians for Social Responsibility: psr.org/chapters/iowa/
Great March for Climate Action: climatemarch.org
Reserve your spot at
Contact [email protected] or 515-238-6404