The Quad Cities COVID-19 Coalition is reporting the rapid rise in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations is adding pressure on the regional healthcare system’s resources.
Members of the Coalition currently have four main concerns:
- Increased hospitalization numbers
- Emergency departments are being overcrowded with COVID testing
- High positivity rates of symptomatic patients being tested
- High number of tests being ordered
Those experiencing mild COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) are discouraged from going to an emergency department for testing. Instead, those experiencing symptoms should call their primary care physician. Care is covered for everyone through the pandemic relief legislation known as the CARES Act.
We need your help. We’re at a critical point in our fight against COVID-19. It is going to take every one of us doing our part to get this virus under control.
Quad Citizens are reminded to:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Keep at least 6 feet between you and anyone else
- Wear a face covering in public