$17.77 – $18.77 an hour
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Proteus Inc. provides educational and economic opportunities to migrant and seasonal farmworkers under the National Farmworker Jobs Program (NFJP) grant. The Program Specialist role assists in the recruitment of qualifying individuals for the job-training program, conducts educational presentations (in English and Spanish), develops and maintains linkages with community and human services resources and vendors, provides supportive services for Proteus participants/patients, provides interpretation for Proteus participants/patients and assists the Regional Office team in the development and attainment of goals for funded programs.
Qualified Candidates Should Have:
· Associates degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· One-year experience in education and outreach, public relations, or related field.
· Experience working with farmworker populations highly desirable.
· Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
· Must show a strong customer service orientation in conjunction with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Outstanding public speaking skills with empathy and a passion to serve others.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and other software.
· Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and minimum car insurance as required by state law
· Ability to travel for job purposes across assigned territory or across the state as needed
Proteus provides communities with health, educational and economic opportunities. We serve immigrant, minority, and low-income populations to make their dream of a brighter tomorrow a reality by helping them overcome language and cultural barriers in order to better provide for their families.
If you are interested in helping us further our mission and meet the expressed qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Proteus is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.77 – $18.77 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Spanish (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- One location
- On the road
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Company’s Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
|Job Category||Program Specialist|