Education is essential for lifelong success. Unfortunately DACA students and undocumented students cannot apply for any financial aid that might be available out there. That is why it is good to know that those students can seek scholarships from Illinois Dream Fund. The applications are available now online and deadline is Friday, April 22 at 11:59PM Central Time.
According to Illinois Dream Fund website, “The Illinois Dream Fund Scholarship seeks to create Access to financial resources to further growth and development for the immigrant leaders of tomorrow.”
These scholarships are available to DACA and undocumented students who are about to become freshmen or who are currently trying to get their undergraduate degree. The following are the requirements:
• Only open to undocumented or DACA students who are not eligible for federal financial aid
• Open to High School senior/GED certificate/Undergraduate Student with GPA of 2.5 on 4.0 point scale
• Current high school senior graduating in 2016 and/or GED completion certificate/undergraduate who are currently attending/planning to attend at an accredited institution (2 and 4 year schools) for Fall 2016 in/or outside of Illinois
• Submit one letter of recommendation. NOT from relative or family member.
• Submit official/unofficial transcripts
• Submit Application Essay and Signature Page
• Application deadline is Friday, April 22, 2016 at 11:59 PM Central Time
• Scholarships funds will not be given to profit institutions. This scholarship is NOT available to Graduate/PhD students or all those who are looking to obtain second undergraduate degree.
Everyone wishing to apply for this scholarship, looking for more information about the scholarship or wishing to donate go to