Entry-Level Manufacturing and Production
Entry Level Manufacturing (1st and 2nd Shift) – Willing to train!
Posted at: Tuesday, July 18, 2017
Job Req#: 0617001A
Type: Hourly / Full Time-Hourly Production
Salary/Wage: $12.00 – $12.50 per Hour
Career Level: Entry Level or Experienced
Reporting to: Group Leader
Shift: Multiple Shifts Available
EEO Category: Laborers and Helpers
GROW AND ADVANCE YOUR CAREER – BENEFITS BEYOND THE EXPECTED – TEAMS THAT VALUES TEAMWORK
A multi-billion-dollar global company and one of the largest employers in Iowa, HNI creates and produces office furniture solutions serving the industry’s broadest range of markets for many of today’s leading companies. We produce the products that are changing the modern work environment through our unique, innovative and design focused office solutions.
HON and Allsteel, two leading brands under HNI, are currently hiring Entry Level Manufacturing and Production Assemblers at several Production and Distribution facilities within our Leveraged Furniture Operations in Muscatine, IA.
At LFO, you’ll find any number of opportunities to grow your skills and enjoy a long-term, lasting career. In addition to hourly wages our Members grow their base wages by earning overtime compensation and shift premiums. We offer many ways for our Members to grow their skills, their contribution and their earning potential. And you don’t even have to start with a specific career path in mind. If you’re willing to learn, we’re ready to train you in ways that will grow your skills and provide opportunities to advance. All we ask is that you be flexible, hard-working and ready to try new things.
Our Members don’t just work together. We build a community that allows everyone who works here to tackle challenges and contribute to lasting change together.
– In an Assembler role, you will construct, assemble and/or pack out parts or products.
– We have 1st and 2nd shift opportunities and if overtime is required, we try to build it in during the week. We know how important the weekends are for friends and family. While our manufacturing volume may demand we work the weekends, we try to plan schedules around balancing work and family life.
– Starting at $12.00/hour we offer a pay progression strategy for your first 18-months that leads to an increase of over 13% to your base wage! Our 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities receive an additional $0.50/hour shift differential. With paid Holidays starting Day 1 of your employment, our overtime structure may give you an opportunity to accelerate your pay up to an additional $2.00 per hour. In addition, we offer the opportunity to advance your compensation through job promotions and learning new skills.
– We offer a total compensation package with benefits on Day 1! In addition to full medical, dental and vision insurance, we also offer great rewards for members who stay through 12 months of service including a great 401K company contribution, profit sharing bonuses, educational reimbursement program, and the ability to buy our products at a discounted Member’s only price.
This role is a great fit for a candidate looking to get their foot in the door or to continue down a manufacturing career path with a company that is continuously growing and evolving. If you have the willingness to learn and grow with a company, we would like to hear from you!
Don’t let the commute fool you, it’s easy! We are 30-miles or less from:
– Wilton, Nichols. Durant, West Liberty, Wapello, Walcott, Columbus Junction, Tipton, Riverside, Illinois City and New Boston.
To apply for a full time position, please complete an application online or stop by Monday thru Friday, 8am-5pm, at:
The HON & Allsteel Recruitment Center, 816 East 5th Street, Muscatine, IA 52761
What we look for in candidates:
– Mechanical ability
– Basic Math/Arithmetic
– Ability to communicate
– Ability to motivate self
– Ability to work within a team
Ideal candidates will have at least 6-months of recent experience in manufacturing, distribution, retail, fast food service, or any form of transferable experience such as:
– Basic hand and pneumatic tools
– Ability to read a caliper.
– Hand-eye coordination.
– Ability to stand-walk for up to 10-hours per day.
– Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs, push pull up to 25lbs.
– Ability to make decisions based on reasoning and judgement as it adheres to safety, quality, or pace.
– Flexibility and adaptability to daily work objectives, goals, etc.
– Basic knowledge of operating a computer and keyboard data entry.
– Ability to read and understand a tape measure
– Basic math.
– Ability to read and interpret production schedules.
Company: HON Company
Location: Recruitment Center, Muscatine, IA
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or other status protected by law.
We are a drug- and alcohol-free workplace. Candidates must satisfactorily pass a drug screen and background inquiry before hire.
|Job Category||Entry Level Assembly, Manufacturing/Production|